Sunday, September 27, 2009

Database state marches on


He wants your DNA


I've deliberately stayed away from blogging for much of the day today. One post early on was going to be my contribution to the blogosphere and that was going to be it. For most of the day I have been in a restless mood. I only needed one story to push me over the edge and have me rampaging through Kilmarnock smashing windows, burning cars and trashing phone boxes. So, here I am after my voyage of destruction. No one noticed any difference to the town, it looks like that all the time...


Anyway, the trigger that caused me to foam at the mouth like some rabid mongrel is the news that SNP MSP Stewart Maxwell plans to amend a bill at Hollyrood allowing DNA samples to be retained to 'enhance public protection'.


Currently, if you are unfortunate enough to be on the receiving end of 'instant justice' in the form of an on the spot fine, for whatever 'crime; you have committed, your DNA cannot be stored on the police database. Comrade Maxwell plans to change this 'loop-hole'. The bastard.


Mr Maxwell, MSP for West of Scotland, said acceptance of a direct measure was "an acceptance of responsibility for alleged crime".


So, an 'alleged crime' is all it takes for people to end up on the DNA database. Most concerning of all is the catch all charge of 'breach of the peace', which everyone knows is what the police use to arrest you if they don't really like the look of you and there is nothing else they can lift you for. If this madness becomes law, it must be made crystal clear to everyone that receiving an on the spot fine is not an easy option, 'I'll just pay the fine and that's it dealt with' must not end up in the public psyche.


He is also the cunt who kicked off the anti smoking legislation in Scotland. Just thought I would mention that.


.

21 comments:

Anonymous said...

Odd how the smirking bastards who do stuff like this in the name of their own self-righteous prejudices just never seem to think that they might one day end up on the wrong side of the law they themselves constructed.

I hope it springs back on him and bites his arse off. maybe it will help to put some of his relatives in chokey: that'll make him popular.

Cunt.

Anonymous said...

PS. he looks like a short-white-socks kind of guy to me. Creepy ....

Anonymous said...

It seems all established parties are rotten to the core - in search of the gold to be found at EU HQ.

What credible alternatives are their to the SNP and Labour oop north?

Quiet_Man said...

He's the classical example of the maxim that anyone who wants to be a politician should automatically be barred from being one.

Authoritarian feckwit is too kind a term for this sort of meddler.

McGonagall said...

The SNP ur a faimily oriented pairty - they waant tae be big brither an a nanny tae us wee yins. Aye - lookin efter the faimily.

Shibby said...

"For most of the day I have been in a restless mood. I only needed one story to push me over the edge and have me rampaging through Kilmarnock smashing windows, burning cars and trashing phone boxes. So, here I am after my voyage of destruction. No one noticed any difference to the town, it looks like that all the time..."

Funny man.

Also, great post.

The Big Dollop said...

WTF is a white socks kind of guy ?

Anonymous said...

An alleged crime?

Could we see Baroness Scotland on the database then?

Not all bad then......

microdave said...

Sorry Rab, but I had to chuckle at this. It seems as if the Scottish "luxury" of being able to have your DNA removed is going down the pan. Welcome to the UNITED Kingdom! Now you know how we Southerners feel......

Dr Melvin T Gray said...

Not the swab type. Could come after it with a spoon, I suppose.

clone alert said...

I see from his website that he has a degree in Social Science and is a member of the " EC Committee of the Regions" whatever the fuck that is.
Definitely a common purpose clone who will help to destroy our freedoms even further.
Their ideal scenario is a database with the UK populations DNA on it. What could possibly go wrong ?

The Economic Voice said...

If he wants my DNA he can come and get it himself......

If he were to invade my personal space I would stick my teeth into his scalp them bounce around him like a pneumatic drill until his brain is exposed like opening a tin.

Then its all over to my house to have dippy egg in his skull with toast.

YOUR NOT GETTING MY DNA......


Oh.....I think they already have it from that old GBH charge....

Must remember a cricket bat is for playing cricket with and not disarming someone with a knife....

resistance is good fun but futile said...

Eco voice

They'll just scratch around in your bins and find a mouldy old bit of toast to extract your DNA from. Or use any of your relatives DNA which will be a close match.
They will get your DNA one way or another so you may aswell grab the fucker and spunk it into his mouth.

Von Spreuth said...

He wants your DNA

Looks like he fuckin needs it. Does not appear to have much of his own.

Somewhere between a lump of granite and an Aemoeba.

Von Spreuth said...

AND. Has any one else noticed the startling resemblence to the young Heinrich Himmler?

Coincidence???

Delroy Smellie said...

I'll give him some fuckin DNA if I catch him !

RantinRab said...

Von Spreuth,

I had noticed he had a sort of 'Naziesque' look about him.

Anonymous said...

Presumably an MSP who won't be seeking re-election then? Because after a trick like this, he doesn't have a snowball's chance in hell.

Anonymous said...

And if his local polis received an anonymous tip-off that he may be a paedophile, a sample of his DNA would be added to their collection.

banned said...

Looks like a Polytechnic lecturer, really slappable face.

Von Spreuth said...

Not THE photo I was trying to get hold of, but pretty damn close enough;

http://www.annefrank.dk/Himmler/src/2.jpg