Sunday, July 19, 2009

That's gratitude for you!

Our cat, Tigger, has been through the wars of late. The other month he went missing for ten days, and I eventually got him back by crawling under the floor boards of a house across from us. He entered via a missing air brick which was replaced by workmen whilst Tigger was still exploring. His cries for help eventually alerted the old dear who lives in the house and her daughter noticed our 'poster campaign' and contacted us.

Then, last month, he developed a bladder problem. It seems to be a common problem in cats that have been 'fixed'. A visit to the vet and a couple of days of hospitalisation was in order, with a bill in excess of £200.

Now, he is on a special diet. I worked out what it costs to feed him for a month.

The best part of £70 a month. To feed him. A bloody moggie cat!!!!

What gratitude to we get?

Clawed wallpaper and pot shots at our ankles when we have the audacity to walk past him.

Next visit to the vet will be for the 'cheap jag'!


footnote to my wife who may end up reading this - only joking!

14 comments:

microdave said...

Much better value than an M.P.
And, unlike M.P.'s, you will miss him when he's gone....

the wife said...

you'll be the 1 gettin the jag!!!!
haha

The End (Bye Bye!) said...

That is one problem pussy you got there, Rab! Fnarr Fnarr

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a Squitchie Cat to me ...

The Big Dollop said...

Don't be rubbin mary doll up the wrong way Rab .. you should know better

Barking Spider said...

Poor old pussy cat - but they do end up thinking they own the place - and we end up letting them.

Alan W said...

Cats used to be worshipped as Gods - something they've never forgotten.

Sympathise with you Rab - I've got four kittens driving me daft just now.

Anonymous said...

I must admit I'd hate to have a cat. They dig up and shit in the garden and kill all the young birds. Mind you it's not as bad as having a dog. Having to pick up their stinking old turds. I piss myself laughing watching owners carefully picking up their dogs turds with their plastic bags. Sad twats. Must honk to high heaven. Freshly dumped dog turd. Yummmmmmm.

Dark Lochnagar said...

How much money do Vets make! I'm suprised you can afford it Rab on your buroo money.

Anonymous, I'd rather clean up after a pet than you, you sad twat!

Anonymous said...

Lochnagar
Probably a good move. My turds are a bit wet n stinky after a weekend on the guinness and chinkie takeaways.
Bog usually stinks to high heaven come Monday night.

Dark Lochnagar said...

Anonymous, mine used to be the same until I discovered fibre. I just eat the cat's bicuits now. Keeps me right!

banned said...

Allergic to cats so no comment.

RantinRab said...

I'm allergic to ginger cats, funnily enough.

And thanks for putting me off my post-work coffee and biscuits!!

Catosays said...

I've got a ginger pussy named Hazel....snigger....